Have you ever wondered why basketball superstar Chris Paul is so often called “CP3”? Many people are unfamiliar with the story behind the nickname, so today we’re going to explore the various reasons why Chris Paul has come to be known as CP
There’s actually more to the story than you might think! From his high school career to his professional career, you’ll be surprised by the fascinating history behind CP So let’s take a look at why Chris Paul is known as CP3 and the lasting impact he’s had on the game of basketball!
Why is Chris Paul Called CP3?Chris Paul is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Phoenix Suns of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has earned a number of accolades during his career including nine All-Star selections, four All-NBA First Team honors, two NBA assists leader awards, two Olympic gold medals, and two All-Defensive First Team honors.
Nicknamed “CP3,” Paul is widely regarded as one of the greatest point guards of all time.
Why He is Given This Nickname?
Christopher-Emmanuel Paul, professionally known as Chris Paul, is popularly known by his nickname “CP3”. So why is Chris Paul called CP3?
- The nickname is derived from his initials ‘C’ and ‘P’ and ‘3’ – the number he wears on his basketball jersey.
- He’s been known by this moniker since high school when he attended West Forsyth High School and throughout his college career at Wake Forest University.
- During his early years in college, he was given the nickname “CP3” by his coaches and teammates.
This was due to the incredible success that he achieved both on the court and in the classroom.
- “CP3” is also a popular moniker that he has used off the court.
He was seen using the nickname when he launched a clothing line and a foundation.
- As the nickname has become a part of his identity, Chris Paul has graciously embraced it. In fact, he even has a registered trademark for the term “CP3”.