Welding is an essential process in developmental manufacturing and the industry is booming now more than ever. The E7018 welding rod is a go-to, multi-purpose rod designed for all-position welding of mild steel material, as well as low-hydrogen vertical and overhead applications.
Over 450 million tons of steel, around 39% of total global steel production, is welded today in over 140 countries. E7018 welding rod is playing a major role in supporting structural steel fabricators operating on big projects. It’s used from bridge repairs to production of underground storage tanks and other critical applications.
E7018 welding rods boost productivity and improve welding performance, increase strength and reduce corrosion on long-term structures. With their great properties and advantages, their demand will continue to rise for decades to come.
What is E7018 Welding Rod Used For?E7018 welding rod is an all position welding rod made with a low hydrogen potassium-iron-powder formulation that provides good mechanical properties, wetting characteristics and an excellent arc.
It is most commonly used for manual and semi-automatic low hydrogen welding applications. This includes the welding of steel, stainless steel and other ferrous metals.
Advantages of E7018 Welding Rod
- Easy to strike an arc and produce good quality welds
- Good mechanical properties
- Excellent wetting characteristics
- Good impact strength
- Welding does not require preheating
Applications of E7018 Welding RodE7018 welding rod can be used for the following applications:
- Tubular frame structures
- Pressure vessels
- Bridge fabrication
- Heavy fabrication
- Petroleum and chemical pipelines
- Offshore platform construction
- Ship building
How to Use E7018 Welding Rod?
E7018 welding rod should be operated in a steady fashion under the right welding parameters for a successful welding operation. Here are the guidelines for the correct use of E7018 welding rod:
- Clean the surface of the metal before welding to remove any dirt, rust, paint or grease
- Set the current and voltage according to the technical data specified by the manufacturer
- Adjust the welding speed according to the size of the weld
- If necessary, use backing material to reduce the risk of slag entrapment
- Drill a pilot hole in the metal before welding
- Maintain the correct angle of the rod as it moves along the workpiece
- Check the welds with a magnifying glass and make adjustments if needed
It is easy to use and produces good quality welds, making it a popular choice for manual and semi-automatic welding operations. By following the guidelines in this article, you should be able to achieve good results with E7018 welding rod in all your welding projects. Conclusion:E7018 Welding rod is a versatile and reliable welding rod that can be used in many applications requiring good mechanical properties and wetting characteristics.
It is easy to use and produces good quality welds, making it a popular choice for manual and semi-automatic welding operations. With the guidelines provided in this article, you should be able to get good welds with the use of this welding rod.
Citations:https://www. esabna. com/us/en/education/weld-talk/e7018-welding-rod.
cfmhttps://theweldingpros. com/welding-guide/e7018-welding-rod/https://www. weldinghood. com/how-to-use-e7018-welding-rod/