Every single morning, you are blessed with hot water when you wake up, but have you ever paused to think about how it happens? Have you ever wondered what is it that makes your hot water heater work?
Well, it is a Heating Element that is at work. It is a device that takes the electricity and heats up the water. This article will take you through its intricate workings and why it’s an integral part of the water heater.
Now let us dive deeper into understanding the working of a Heating Element and its importance in your water heater.
What is heating element in water heater?A water heater is an appliance used to heat water, so that it is comfortable for use in a wide range of applications, such as bathing, washing clothes, and cooking.
A common feature of water heaters is the heating element, which heats the water that passes through the heater.
How does a heating element work?A heating element is a coil of metal (usually copper or brass) that is wrapped around a core of insulation material.
When the power is switched on, the resistance of the heating element causes it to heat up. This in turn causes the metal to heat up the water that passes through the coil.
Advantages of Heating Element in Water Heater
- Less maintenance – The heating element has no moving parts, making it relatively easy to maintain.
- Cost-effectiveness – The cost of installation and ongoing operation of a heating element is lower than that of other water heating solutions.
- Faster heating – A heating element can heat hot water faster than other types of water heaters.
- Compact design – Heating elements are designed to fit into smaller spaces, making them a great choice for tight places.
Disadvantages of Heating Element in Water Heater
- Loud noise – Some water heaters with heating elements operating rely on the release of steam to generate heat, which can be loud.
- High power consumption – Using a heating element increases the electricity consumption of a water heater.
- Safety – Heating elements can be hazardous to human skin if touched when in use.
ConclusionA heating element is an important part of an electric water heater, as it is responsible for producing the heat needed to warm the water.
However, a heating element has its own advantages and disadvantages to consider, so it’s important to choose the right type of water heater based on your needs.